bagfetishperson

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My first encounter with Longchamp was 2 decades ago




I knew Longchamp for more than 2 decades ago when for the first time my dad bought my mum a Longchamp leather satchel. At that time I was still a high school student;) I remembered that the leather of my mum's bag was very supple and the style was classic. It was my mum's favourite bag.

Fast forward to 2006, My husband and I was travelling to Europe (Italy and France) and we had a stop at Longchamp's counter at Galeries Lafayette in Paris. It was during a summer sale and the Longchamp sale was simple crazy in terms of prices (so so cheap). And I saw an huge Le Pliage bag in shocking pink colour that drew my attention instantly and it was sold at an unbeatable price (soooo cheap, but I can't recall how much was it :p). Before getting the bag to the cashier counter I remember that I was thinking on how it would be a very handy bag to carry our extra stuffs back home. Hence without further thinking, I bought the bag which later I found out that I bought the extra large le pliage.
The bag was immediately used during our return journey to our hometown and I observed that how durable the bag material was. Well the bag got minor marks on its nylonm but it was acceptable as the bag was put in as checked in luggage.
Since then, I highly acknowledged the bag from Longchamp and gradually started to get the bag for my collection, until now.

Now, I am on a mission to collect Longchamp's special edition bags and I hope I can achieve my aim. *thanks to ebay and online shops*

No comments:

Post a Comment