bagfetishperson

Sunday, January 23, 2011

I don't really have many Louis Vuitton bags right now....

LV bag family as of January 2011


I used to be a huge fans of Louis Vuitton bags. At that time, my aim was to collect as many as possible the LV lines. Hence I once had had LV lines in: monogram canvas, minilin, damier ebene, damier azur, monogram mat, epi, denim and cabas antigua. But then my affection towards LV bags has been diminishing significantly since I got to know Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta and Chanel (I oftern referred to 'BBC'). The reason is quite simple, because now I only want to keep bags in classical styles and in full leather.
Therefore most of my LV bags collection have all gone to new homes and got new mommies. The remaining bags are only those featured in the photo. There are 3 bags that I have strong emotional attachment:
  1. LV monogram canvas Petit Noe as my very first LV bag and the one that made me addicted to branded bags. Purchased in 1998 in London, LV's Sloane Street store.
  2. LV epi Saint Jacques bleu tolede as my graduation gift from my parents when I was about to leave UK for good. Purchased in 2000 in London, LV's New Bond Street store.
  3. LV monogram canvas Tulum PM as a souvenir from our unforgettable Europe trip in 2006. Purchased in Paris, LV's Lafayette store. 
Oh, I would still keep the monogram canvas Neverfull as it is very functional as a tote bag.

I can conclude that within 12 years, my preference on branded bags has shifted. Well, 12 years are actually not a short period of time. It was a journey for me to get to know various branded bags.... and now I have settled in for less bags collection but will only keep only those that I love and use.

No comments:

Post a Comment