bagfetishperson

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

High Tea in Biku Cafe Bali






This is my favourite place for having high tea in Bali. The place is very casual, unpretentious, has eclectic interior and most importantly it offers good food (their homemade scones are so yummy).

My recent visit was in February when my DH and I had a weekend getaway to Bali with our best friends. It was a great weekend for all of us and we had a lot of fun and laugh with endless drinks and food.


And now about Biku.
Its eclectic interior really made a warm, casual and intimate atmosphere. The building was a historic 150-year-old Teak Joglo from East Java. It is indeed an antique house.
I personally love classic Javanese style for home interior. So while I was in Biku I took the opportunity to explore every corner of the restaurant and I found many interesting stuffs as part of its decor.



Warm and intimate atmosphere

A giant antique hanging lamp

Antique vases for cafe decoration

Please mind your head



And now about the food!
We ordered high tea set for 2 people and trust me it can feed 3 people lol.  I really liked their homemade scones which were accompanied by fresh clotted cream and strawberry jam. For drinks I requested Lapsang Souchong while my husband asked for masala tea. The tea came in unique tea pots. See how they present the masala tea. The tea was kept in a giant tea pot made from earth ware! In addition to the high tea set, I asked for their favourite salad (forgot the name!) that came in a generous portion.

We were so pleased with the food (and of course with the atmosphere), that we came again the very next day.

Cookies, pastries, homemade scones and assorted sandwich

High tea set for 2

Scrumptious cookies!



My choice of tea: Lapsang souchong

The tea strainer is quite unique

Masala tea in a giant tea pot

Fresh strawberry and cream



My bag of the day was Tulisan city tote. It was indeed a perfect bag for a beach holiday, as it is big, colourful and has many pockets.




I do not know when I will visit Bali again. Yet if that happens I will make my time to come to Biku Cafe. The place will surely be on my itinerary and must-visit list!

www.bikubali.com

No comments:

Post a Comment