bagfetishperson

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A chic French tote - Vanessa Bruno Le Cabas


 
 
During my last visit to France, I still remembered that I frequently saw a chic Parisien carrying this simple-yet-chic tote bag on the street. Since then I have been eyeing the bag for long time and had this bag on my wishlist. The bag may not be as famous as Longchamp and I guess it has been under the radar for many years.
 
And voila, recently I bought the small size of Vanessa Bruno Le Cabas canvas in anthracite. And it was purchased with 30% discount at local Galeries Lafayette. Yay!
 
At first I had concerns over its delicate sequins all over the bag. I was afraid that the sequins will get loose (and lost) due to frequent usage. But after carrying it (and slightly abusing it) for around 2-3 weeks, surprisingly I found out that those small sequins are quite durable. The sequins are still intact. Wow.

And another good thing about this bag is that it is still made in France. Just think about Longchamp handbags (e.g. le pliage series) which may have the similar price range (and also a French brand) but they are now manufactured in China or Tunisia or Turkey.





I plan to slowly add another Le Cabas to my collection. The next purchase might be the one in linen fabric which is slouchier than this canvas version. But I have also seen that the leather version is gorgeous. Arrrgh... surely I will be having difficult time to make a decision on my next Le Cabas purchase.

Check other Le Cabas here.





No comments:

Post a Comment