bagfetishperson

Monday, August 5, 2013

As seen on Duchess of Cambridge: L.K. Bennett Sledge Taupe




During various royal duties, Duchess of Cambridge has been frequently seen wearing her favourite pair of shoes, i.e. L.K. Bennett Sledge Patent Taupe.


Since I am so inspired by Duchess' classic style, lately I have been struck by 'Kate Effect' that I decided to have, at least one item, what Duchess favours. So I ventured myself to buy the very same pair of shoes as Duchess. I thought that if the pair is good enough for Duchess than it should be good enough for me.




I am a person who normally lives in her comfy Tory Burch Sally Wedge for daily activity/working/running errands. Initially I bought this LK Bennett pair of shoes for the main intention as my working shoes. But honestly I find this shoes is quite 'challenging'. The height itself is the major challenge if I have to confess lol. I still can not imagine myself standing and teaching in front of the class wearing a more-than-2inch pair of shoes. The Sledge height is 4 inch or equivalent to approximately 100mm (with 0.5 inch platform).




By the time I am writing this post, I am still 'practicing' in wearing this pair of shoes. The leather definitely needs to break in as it is now quite stiff (maybe due to the nature of patent leather). And I found out that this pair runs bigger. I normally wore size 37 and I ordered size 37 as well for this pair. Now I can feel the gap at my heel against the inner rear part of the shoes. Yet it may not a big issue for me as I can simply slip gel pads inside the shoes to make my high heels more comfortable with confidence that they won't slip out. One thing that I notice (on good terms) is that the front part of the shoes is wide enough that I do not suffer any pain/blisters (note that I have wide feet so getting a pair with a generous width is critical for me)

At the end, I still consider that this shoes is worth buying if only you can get the right size (in my case I should have tried the one in half size smaller before deciding).



No comments:

Post a Comment