bagfetishperson

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dilemma #1: I really want Gris Poivre, but I already have a bag in similar colour

Images are from Balenciaga.com



I am seriously thinking to get a Balenciaga Giant Velo Silver Hamilton in Gris Poivre. The colour is very versatile and I have read few positive comments about mini giant hardware and Hamilton leather which made me want this bag even more! It was told that Velo in mini giant hardware is quite lightweight (compared to that of giant hardware) and the Hamilton leather (goatskin) is thicker than regular agneau leather. This is such great news for me. Hence I am so eager to own a bag from Balenciaga Holiday collection.

The thing is that I have already had a bag which has similar colour and the style is also look alike (i.e. long strap and short handle). It is my Hermes Kelly 35 in etoupe. This fact made me unsure whether I should get a Gris Poivre Velo or not. I do not fancy other colours in current Balenciaga Holiday collection so there is no plan B for me, like getting the bag in alternative colour ('maybe' Bordeaux is ok, but I still prefer GP).

My argument to get another bag in a similar 'taupe-ish' colour is very simple. If a lady can never have enough of 'black' handbags, so there is nothing wrong if someone owns more than one bag in versatile/neutral colour like 'taupe/etoupe/gris poivre' *grin* 

Well, who knows, that oneday I may become a lady who can never have enough of taupe handbags lol



Hermes Etoupe vs. Balenciaga Gris Poivre

No comments:

Post a Comment