bagfetishperson

Friday, November 25, 2011

This Hermes store is worth a visit

One might get fooled by a store facade like this



A giant pumpkin was on the front window display!



Just a year ago, Hermes opened a new store in Rive Gauche which address is 17 Rue de Sevres, 75006 Paris. This is the 3rd Hermes store in Paris and the 1st Hermes store opened in Rive Gauche.

So, when I spent a sunny afternon for a stroll in Rue de Sevres, I managed to pay a visit to this store. From outside it did not look as grandeur as the flagship store in Rue du Faubourg Saint Honore. But once I was inside the building, Hermes just wow-ed me. Upon opening the main door, I immediately smelled fresh flowers, and yes, they had Hermes florist inside the store. I saw amazingly beautiful fresh flowers (could not recognize most of the flower names though) ready to be taken or bought by any walk-in visitors. Fresh roses in a wide variety of colours were on display as well as white and purple orchids. And since it was the end of October, they also had pumpkins ready to be carved with the Halloween theme. I just never thought that I would find an Hermes store selling Halloween-themed pumpkins!

Then I walked down further until I found a staircase that led to main store area. It was just a huge open space! Really really huge. And the design is quite different from most Hermes stores that I have visited. Natural-coloured woods were used to decorate the store and all areas were brightly lit. The main area displayed mostly Hermes furnitures (bed, dining table, sofa, etc) and housewares (plates, cup, glass, napkin, tablecloth, etc). The arrangement of these furnitures/housewares was superbly done. On the upper floor, I saw a designated cafe area (with arranged tables and chairs) that served light food and tea/coffee. How unusual! In my opinion, the overall applied design has made the store look modern, instead classic.

However, I had to say that the leather goods collection in this beautiful store was quite disappointing:((  At that time they did not hold many stocks. In fact, I saw only quite a few of bags on display (less than 10 bags). On the accessories and small leather goods sections, the displayed items were also very little. I asked the SA for the item that I was looking for and he replied that they were running a very low stock (for leather goods) and suggested that I should go to the flagship store in Rue du Faubourg Saint Honore (which I had done already;) ). But if a visitor wants to get a set of bed sheet or towel or dining ware from Hermes, he/she might get some good selection in there ;)

As anticipated, I was not allowed to take any pictures inside the store:(( So I just googled and found plenty of good-quality photos of the store interior.












All store interior images are from Google search

No comments:

Post a Comment