bagfetishperson

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mariage Freres: Maison de the a Paris





I am a tea addict!
I start my day by drinking a cup of Japanese green tea. This tea is like my energy booster. In the afternoon, I normally have my tea time with favourite flavour like Darjeeling, English Breakfast, or jasmine tea from a local brand. And before going to bed, I will have a cup of camomile tea. I always drink my tea without sugar, as I think that adding a spoon of sugar will distort the real tea flavour.

My favourite tea brand is always Twinings, a British brand, or Dilmah, a Ceylon brand.
But it was only until I knew Mariage Freres from the local bistro that serves it, and I immediately added this brand into my favourite tea brands. Now it is Twinings, Mariage Freres and Dilmah (in that order, please). My favourite flavour from Mariage Freres tea is Marco Polo.

Hence, when I was visiting Paris, I made a visit to one of Mariage Freres' tea houses. The tea house located at Place de la Madeleine was truly worth a visit for me. It is a colonial-style tea room which offers one of the most exclusive collections of teas, teapots and other tea-related products. As I was in hurry for another appointment, I did not spend my last afternoon in Paris for having the tea time in Mariage Freres tea house. I wished I could do that. But I still enjoyed visiting this place just for admiring their fantastic selection of tea and the store display. By the way, I did not buy anything from here, because I had bought few boxes of Mariage Freres tea bags at Galeries Lafayette Gourmet ;)


Mariage Freres
17 Place de la Madeleine
75008 Paris

www.mariagefreres.fr

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how I might get a hold of the mariage frere photo of their sign? My daughter's and I went there for tea and I would like to print the photo and frame it as a gift to them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete