bagfetishperson

Friday, June 1, 2012

Today's packages from UK



Today I received 2 packages sent by Royal Mail. Without opening the sealed packages, I immediately knew the contents! Yay!

Few weeks ago I did some online shoppings. This is the previous post where I shared one of two (impulsive) online shoppings;) From the white package, it was quite obvious that I had bought some items from www.cathkidston.co.uk. (btw, it is always a nice packaging from Cath Kidston)
I could say that I was pretty much affected by the excitement of Diamond Jubilee celebration in the UK. And Cath Kidston has specially designed this 'Royal Stan' theme as part of the Queen's Jubilee event. The print is simply cute (with dog print all over it, instead of flower) and without further thinking at that time I immediately clicked 'buy' button for these items lol... See that I (sometimes) can be an impulsive shopper :D


Royal Stan print
Travel wallet, glasses case, blackberry hard case and travel purse







So, after I completed the transaction at Cath Kidston, I then browsed around eBay and carefully looked for an Orla Kiely shoulder bag. I noticed a pretty good deal from an eBay reputable seller on the style that I liked (and I fancied this simple STEM print too), so again without prolonged consideration, I clicked the 'BIN' button.

I once sent an email to Orla Kiely www.orlakiely.co.uk, enquiring whether they could do shipping to my country. And they replied and apologized that they could not do so as my country has not been registered in their payment option. *Sigh*  I was disappointed but did not give up for owning an Orla Kiely bag. Hence I kept checking on eBay, to find a good deal for my first Orla Kiely bag.

And here is my first Orla Kiely bag which has arrived today in a pink package *Excited*
The style is simply called shoulder bag, and print is labeled Large Stem in Olive. I have to say that I am quite happy with the craftsmanship. The bag is lined in soft cotton material (with its famous stem pattern too) and has handy side pocket. The outer material is also in great quality and I feel that it is better (quality-wise) than Cath Kidston's oil cloth fabrics.

Orla Kiely Shoulder Bag in Large Stem Olive

I quite like the yellow tote bag too!


Orla Kiely design work on the back of a London bus



Bellow is a brief description about Orla Kiely that I quoted from Wiki and other sources:

Orla Kiely is an Irish fashion designer based in London. Although she started work on hat design, she has since moved into design work on handbags and her designs have been featured on a variety of other items including kitchenware and cars. She received a Master's degree from the Royal College of Art where Harrods purchased her exit collection. She worked with a variety of companies before setting up her own business. Described by The Guardian as "the Queen of Prints", she first started work on hats, but soon moved into design work on handbags. She's famous for her 'stem' print and currently has a collaboration with Uniqlo for designing clothing with her trademark prints.


So, at the end this is an example of happy impulsive online shopping for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment